by Kelly Carey
As we celebrate our 8th birthday, we are excited to unveil a new logo and a revamped website.
We’ve come a long way from those early days button mashing and grumbling at the computer as we learned to navigate the ins and outs of creating a website and launching 24 Carrot Writing. Over the past eight years we have seen our 24 Carrot Writing community grow and we are so thrilled to have a full and vibrant crew of carrots!
Take some time to visit our sleek new website, and enjoy our snazzy new logo. And thank you for joining us as we all continue to explore the craft and carrots of writing for children!
It wouldn’t be a 24 Carrot Writing post if we didn’t take this moment to encourage you to consider an overhaul of your own social media presence. We know you worked hard to design that initial website or set up your author Facebook page. You probably stressed over finding just the right photo and picking the perfect font. And when you hit “publish” and launched your virtual presence it was likely a moment of joyous trepidation. Then you hopefully relaxed and let your website chug through the internet cosmos.
But have you gotten too relaxed?
When was the last time you perused your own website? Is the photo for your Facebook page looking nothing like you anymore? Or as Amanda’s son smartly pointed out, is your site just looking a little "old fashioned."
Your craft goal this month could be to revamp your social media presence.
Tips to Guide Your Revamp:
• Replace an old headshot with a current picture.
• Did your initial website excitedly announce the upcoming launch of your new book, but now that book has been out in the world for years?
• Make sure your bio is up to date.
• Have you received accolades, awards or maybe just pictures of kids enjoying your work? Make sure your site reflects those achievements.
• Are you proud of a class you took, group you joined, or conference you attended? Pop a logo from the hosting organization on your site.
• Does your copy need a little polishing and should you lob off a few “darlings”? Or -eek – did you spot a typo! Like the skilled writer you are, revise, revise, revise.
• Check your links! Make sure all your in-site links shuttle users to just the right place.
• Many folks view websites from their phones. Does your site holdup when perused from a phone?
• Finally, ask for feedback from writing friends and your community to make sure your site looks visually modern, is user friendly, and takes advantage of new technology.
Good luck with your own social media refresh. If you are a member of 24 Carrot Writing, we invite you to add our new logo to your website.
Peruse blogs for advice and tips from KidLit creatives.
Click to set custom HTML
Click on the RSS Feed button above to receive notifications of new posts on this blog.