Take a look at our goals for 2022 and perhaps peek back to see what we have planted in the past. Gather some seeds, clip some cuttings, and have fun planning your own writing-garden for the new year.
24 Carrot Writing is here year-round to help you stay on track. We have fabulous bi-monthly blogs and book picks planned to help us grow, as well as an active Facebook community to offer support and encouragement.
Bloom beyond borders!
Reach past my limits. Listen to my art. Bloom!
Novel in Verse
Revise simmering manuscripts and get them submission ready.
MG fantasy: monthly
PBs: 10 queries every two months
Poetry: Every other month
Blogs and reviews for 24 Carrot Writing and ASW (alternate months)
Attend local workshops / conference / retreat
Participate in Picture Book Group
Participate in Critique groups
Below is the final result of my blooming zentangle. Read more about it here.
Trust Your Story and Your Path
Write, Revise and Submit:
- Write 4 New PBs in 2022 (one every quarter)
- Revise 6 PBs in 2022 (one every other month)
- Boomerang all Submission Ready MS on Every Odd Month
- MG Novel – Dig into Revisions in January/February and give to CG in March
- May – December – Revise MG Novel and send to CG in January 2023
Craft & Community:
- Attend 6 Book Launch/Author Events
- Blog and/or Manage Guest Blogs 8x for 24 Carrot Writing
- Study Current Book Market by Reading Industry Newsletter (2 a month)
- Read 310 books in 2022
- Participate in Monthly PB Group
- Participate in Loft KidLit Book Group 8x
- Review a Book a Month Online (Goodreads/Amazon/B&N and SM)
- Participate in Soaring 20s Group and Continue to Manage Soaring 20s Reciprocal Reviews
- Conduct Author Visits or Create a SM blast for How Long Is Forever Quarterly
- Participate in Critique Groups (minimum of 1x month)
- Finish line edits of adult novel (by January 31st)
- Finish adult fiction novel synopsis (by January 31st)
- Write adult fiction novel query letters (by February 15th)
- Research adult fiction editors/agents
- Submit adult novel to 10 agents/editors (by February 15th)
- Write 2 new PB drafts
- Revise/edit 2 PB drafts based on critique feedback
- Write for minimum of 5 hours per week
- Write scheduled book picks/blog posts for 24 Carrot Writing
- Brainstorm ideas for new novel writing project and begin drafting
Craft & Community:
- Participate in critique/feedback group
- Participate in PB mentor text group
- Read 5-10 PBs per month
- Read at least 2 MG/YA/adult novels per month
- Maintain/update author website regularly
- Attend at least 4 book launches/book events